Thursday, June 14, 2007

Too Many Friggin' Bugs

Today was stressful.
I felt like I was playing whack-a-mole with my bug count all day...or that I was the little boy with his finger in the dike. I'd fix one, get two more. Fix two, get four more. All of them were things which were pretty lame, but which someone is going to find and whinge about if I don't fix them. I can't wait until I get it down to a manageable number so I can get some well-earned slacking in. I've written a poem on what it's like to be in the game industry and be on a 6 month dev cycle.
crunch.

crunch.
crunchcrunchcrunch.
crunch.
sit-on-butt-and-do-nothing.
cruunch.
get a bug.

PANIC.
crunch.crunch.
slack.

That being said so artfully, I love working in games. I really can't think of anything I'd rather be doing...except for maybe "not fixing bugs."
Anyway, I was going to transfer my stuff over to livejournal, but I started picking a layout for my journal, realized that you had to pay for all the neat ones, then realized that you get advertisements if you choose the "plus" account option to get the slightly less crappy layouts, and that you only get a limited amt of picture uploads. Screw that, I thought. I'm cozy on blogger. I have, however, added links to more of my livejournal friends' journals. I was going to hit random a whole bunch of times on blogger and then post the more interesting things I found, but then I discovered that the journals on blogger break down into the following:






No comments: